UPDATE (August 1, 2021): To help employees as they return to the office, the Firm is enhancing our family programs:
- You have 10 extra family support days for a total of 40 days in 2021, which you can use toward in-home adult care as described below — as well as for backup child care and tutoring
- Copays will be waived in September and October
- You can now book services 90 days in advance (instead of 30 days) through the end of 2021
Note: In-home caregivers are following enhanced health and safety protocols.
Schedule in-home care for an adult loved one through Bright Horizons. To arrange for backup in-home care for an adult, call Bright Horizons at the number on the right. The cost is $8 per hour, with a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 10 hours per day. The Firm is pleased to subsidize the cost and gives each employee 30 days of adult and/or child care each year.
Note: If Bright Horizons cannot find an in-home caregiver in its network, may you arrange for “out-of-network” care by a family member, neighbor, friend, regular babysitter, etc. – and then be reimbursed $100 a day by Bright Horizons to cover that cost. You are responsible for all other costs associated with care beyond the $100 per diem.
For each day of care you use during the year, your W-2 will include imputed income of $75.
Register today and complete your care profile so you’re ready to reserve care when you need it. You’ll receive more details when you reserve care. Tip: If call or website volume is heavy, try after hours. Representatives are available 24/7.
Backup In-Home Adult Care
Finding last-minute care for your adult or senior relative doesn’t have to be a burden. With the Firm’s backup care program managed by Bright Horizons, you can arrange for in-home care when your regular caregiver is unavailable. Through the program, you have access to in-home care for adult relatives,** anywhere in the US.
WHEN TO USE THE SERVICE: SOME EXAMPLES
- Your parents have a regular in-home care provider who is out sick or on vacation.
- Your grandparents live out of state and need care.
- Your parents live with your sister and your sister needs a break.
- Your spouse (or other adult family member) is recovering from an illness or injury and needs assistance.
HOW IT WORKS
- The copayment for in-home care is $8 per hour.
- There is an annual limit of 30 days,* per family total for any back up child or elder care service through Bright Horizon.
- For elder care, one day is 4 (minimum) to 10 hours (maximum) daily. For example, if you register for backup in-home adult care for three recipients in the same location on the same day, that day counts as one of your 30 annual days per calendar year.
- You can also reserve back up in-home adult care up to 30 days in advance.
IMPORTANT: It’s strongly recommended that you register for the program in advance. That way, the program is immediately available if you find yourself in need of last-minute care. Register by calling or visiting the site or download the Bright Horizons app from the Apple Store or Google Play store.
DID YOU KNOW?
Bright Horizons also offers backup day care for your children. Also, you can use the service yourself following surgery, for example.
* Reimbursement employees receive will be included as imputed income at the end of the year.
**Direct relatives of Morgan Stanley employees or the employees’ spouse or partner are eligible to receive adult care under the Backup Care Advantage Program (e.g., spouses and partners, parents and grandparents).